After studying Lesson 5-1, you will be able to:
- Describe the changing status of U.S. employment.
- Discuss the role of business in the U.S. economy.
- Describe three major types of businesses.
- Log into your Google Drive account.
- Navigate to your Intro to Business folder.
- Inside of this folder, create a new folder titled Unit 2.
- Inside of the Unit 2 folder, create a new folder titled Chapter 5. Everything you create in Chapter 5 will be stored in this folder.
- Obtain a copy of the notes handout.
- Read Lesson 5-1 on pages 100-105.
- As you read, utilize this presentation to help you fill in the missing parts on the handout.
- Select a product that involves all of the types of businesses in its production and marketing.
- Obtain a piece of posterboard from your instructor.
- Draw an illustration that shows each business and its role in the successful production and sale of the product. Title your illustration and label the component parts.