After studying Lesson 6-1, you will be able to:
- Identify characteristics of successful entrepreneurs.
- Recognize the importance of entrepreneurship in the economy.
- Describe opportunities and risks of entrepreneurship.
- Log into your Google Drive account.
- Navigate to your Unit 2 folder.
- Inside of the Unit 2 folder, create a new folder titled Chapter 6. Everything you create in Chapter 6 will be stored in this folder.
- Obtain a copy of the notes handout.
- Read Lesson 6-1 on pages 124-129.
- As you read, utilize this presentation to help you fill in the missing parts on the handout.
- Use the internet to identify important inventions and innovations developed in the past 50 years.
- Select the five you believe have had the greatest business success.
- Now select the five you believe have been most important in improving society.
- Prepare a short report or presentation in which you identify and briefly describe each of the inventions and innovations you selected and justifications for your choices. Title your file Invention History-(Your Initials).