After studying Chapter 8, you will be able to:
- Recognize factors that contribute to an effective organizational culture.
- Describe the benefits of diversity to an organization, individuals, and society.
- Obtain a copy of the notes handout.
- Read Lesson 8-3 on pages 185-192.
- As you read, utilize this presentation to help you fill in the missing parts on the handout.
- Use the internet and the Bureau of Labor Statistics site to identify data that describes the changing characteristics of the U.S. employment-population in terms of the following: (Ask your teacher for your assigned characteristic)
- White Women 16-19 vs Black Women 16-19 vs Asian Women 16-19
- White Men 16-19 vs Black Men 16-19 vs Asian Men 16-19
- White Women 20-24 vs Black Women 20-24 vs Asian Women 20-24
- White Men 20-24 vs Black Men 20-24 vs Asian Men 20-24
- White Women 25-54 vs Black Women 25-54 vs Asian Women 25-54
- White Men 25-54 vs Black Men 25-54 vs Asian Men 25-54
- Create a new Google Sheets spreadsheet named U.S. Demographics-(Your Initials) and move it into your Chapter 8 folder.
- In your spreadsheet, record the Age, Sex, and Race headings assigned above in Column A, the Employed totals in Column B, and the Unemployed number in Column C.
- Using your spreadsheet, create a chart within your Google Sheets spreadsheet that will visually display the results you obtained. Be sure you have everything labeled appropriately in your chart.