After studying Lesson 9-1, you will be able to:
- Describe the steps in the career planning process.
- Identify the main sources of career information.
- Discuss career fields with the most growth potential.
- Log into your Google Drive account.
- Navigate to your Unit 2 folder.
- Inside of the Unit 2 folder, create a new folder titled Chapter 9. Everything you create in Chapter 9 will be stored in this folder.
- Obtain a copy of the notes handout.
- Read Lesson 9-1 on pages 200-204.
- As you read, utilize this presentation to help you fill in the missing parts on the handout.
- Create a new Google Document titled Career Growth-(Your Initials) and place it in your Chapter 9 folder.
- Using Figure 9-2 on page 203 of your textbook, select three of the career areas listed.
- In your document, create a 3×4 table.
- In the first row, place labels for each column: Career Area, Additional Jobs, Various Skills Needed
- In the first column, list the three career areas that you chose. In the second column, create a list of additional jobs in that career area. In the third column, describe various skills that would be necessary to work in this career area.