After studying Lesson 9-3, you will be able to:
- Prepare an application form and a resume.
- Identify the parts of an application letter.
- Discuss the online application process.
- Obtain a copy of the notes handout.
- Read Lesson 9-3 on pages 213-218.
- As you read, utilize this presentation to help you fill in the missing parts on the handout.
- Create a new Google Document titled Applicant Laws-(Your Initials) and place it in your Chapter 9 folder.
- Conduct online research to obtain information on ONE of the laws that protect people during the hiring process listed below:
- Americans With Disabilities Act of 1990
- Pregnancy Discrimination Act of 1978
- Age Discrimination in Employment Act of 1975
- Fair Labor Standards Act of 1938
- Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964
- Equal Pay Act of 1963
- Age Discrimination in Employment Act (ADEA) of 1967
- Rehabilitation Act of 1973
- The Civil Rights Act of 1991
- In your document, write a paragraph or two explaining what your specific law helps to protect as well as answer the following question:
- What actions are illegal when selecting among various people for a job?
- Insert a footer in your document that provides your website source of information.