- Describe what personal finance is.
- Outline the components of effective financial planning.
- Identify focuses of study throughout this course.
- Watch Video 1.1
- As you watch the video, record the missing words from page 13 of the Chapter 1 Textbook as they pop up on the left side of the video screen by filling in this form. (page 13) .
- Discussion Questions:
- What is personal finance?
- Why is it important to set money goals?
- In what ways are people different when it comes to managing money?
- What is the behavior they refer to? How does that affect the results of one’s money?
- What does paycheck to paycheck mean? Why do 7 out of 10 households live paycheck to paycheck?
- In your Personal Finance Journal-C1 file in your Chapter 1 folder, complete the next row in the table by answering the question listed.