- Understand the evolution of America’s dependence on credit.
- Observe and analyze the “normal” American family as it relates to personal finance.
- Watch Video 2.1
- As you watch the video, record the missing words from page 16 and 19 of the Chapter 1 Textbook as they pop up on the left side of the video screen by filling in this form. (page 16 and 19) .
- Discussion Questions:
- What was one thing that shocked you about the history of credit and consumerism?
- Did learning about the history of credit make you want to manage money differently than the average American? Why or why not?
- Why aren’t Americans better at managing money?
- Describe the financial reality of most Americans.
- What can you do to make sure your future financial reality does not include debt?
- Your teacher will assign you your New Deal research policy topic.
- Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation (FDIC)
- Home Owners Loan Corporation (HOLC)
- Federal Housing Authority (FHA)
- Electric Home and Farm Authority (EHFA)
- Your research should utilize (2 at a minimum) multiple sources.
- The focus of the research is to summarize the purpose of the policy and evaluate the common focus of the agency.
- Record your findings in a one-page report using paragraph form in a new Google Document in your Chapter 1 folder titled New Deal Policy-(Your Initials). Use 1″ margins, Times New Roman font, size 12, and double spaced as your settings.
- In your Personal Finance Journal-C1 file in your Chapter 1 folder, complete the next row in the table by answering the question listed.