- Identify the Five Foundations of personal finance.
- Understand the purpose of having an emergency fund.
- Read each of these statements and mark whether you agree or disagree.
- Inside of your Unit 1 folder, create a new folder titled Chapter 2. Everything you complete for Chapter 2 will be stored within this folder.
- Watch Video 1.1
- As you watch the video, record the missing words from page 32-34 of the Chapter 2 Textbook as they pop up on the left side of the video screen by filling in this form. (page 32-34) .
- Discussion Questions:
- What is the purpose of the Five Foundations?
- What does it mean to have a negative savings rate?
- Why do you think Americans, in general, are not good savers?
- How can having an emergency fund help you to protect and grow your wealth?
- Look at the list of 10 ways (p. 35) teens can come up with $500 quickly. Which of those ideas might or have worked for you?
- With a partner, create a mini-poster of the Five Foundations presented on page 32 of your Chapter 2 Textbook. Your poster should include the following:
- a pictorial representation of each of the Five Foundations
- a brief description of how you plan to follow through with each step
- a label for each drawing stating which of the Five Foundations is represented
- Be creative and make your poster visually appealing.
- Make a copy of this Google Document.
- Rename the file to Personal Finance Journal-C2-(Your Initials).
- Move this file into your Chapter 2 folder in your Google Drive.
- Fill out the first two rows of the table.