- Explain the three basic reasons for saving money.
- Watch Video 2.1
- As you watch the video, record the missing words from page 36 of the Chapter 2 Textbook as they pop up on the left side of the video screen by filling in this form. (page 36) .
- Discussion Questions:
- What are the three basic reasons to save money?
- Read the sidebar content on page 36 on the topic of I’d like to start saving, but I’m barely making any money. Is saving just a few bucks a month worthwhile? Explain their answers.
- Obtain a partner from your teacher.
- With your partner, read through this form and answer the questions based on the information given.
- Think of some answers to the following questions that we will discuss in class:
- In what ways might household savings rates reflect both the economic culture and history of a country?
- Do you think the saving rate in the United States varies from generation to generation? Why or why not? (link)
- Instead of cultural and marketing influences, what factors should determine one’s household saving rate?
- What might be some consequences of families not having adequate savings?
- In your Personal Finance Journal-C2 file in your Chapter 2 folder, complete the next row in the table by answering the question listed.