- Understand the purpose of cash flow planning.
- Identify reasons some people avoid having or sticking to a budget.
- Identify changes in personal spending behavior that contribute to wealth building.
- Explain the difference between a cash flow statement and a budget.
- Develop a filing system for keeping financial records, both paper and electronic.
- Describe record keeping features that financial institutions provide for online account management.
- Describe how to use different payment methods and banking features.
- Define zero-based budget.
- Develop a plan for spending and saving that has both long-term and short-term components.
- Analyze how changes in circumstances can affect a personal budget.
- Make a copy of this Google Document, rename it Calculating Your Net Worth-(Your Initials), and move it into your Chapter 3 folder.
- Then complete the task using the directions and information in the document.
- Make a copy of this Google Document, rename it Ask Dave 3-(Your Initials), and move it into your Chapter 3 folder. Complete the document as directed within it.
- Make a copy of this Google Document, rename it Characteristics of FSP-(Your Initials), and move it into your Chapter 3 folder.
- Use the internet to research each type of financial institution to find out what they are and what services they offer.
- Use your research to complete the table in the document.
Chapter 3 Folder
- Your Chapter 3 folder will be turned in tomorrow. Your folder should contain the following files:
- Personal Finance Journal-C3
- Checkbook Management
- Balance Checkbook
- Types of Expenses
- Family Reality
- Student Budget
- Wealth-Building Habits
- Short Answer 3
- Case Studies 3
- Calculating Your Net Worth
- Ask Dave 3
- Characteristics of FSP