- Identify organizations that maintain consumer credit records.
- Summarize major consumer credit laws.
- Develop a plan for protecting personal information.
- Watch Video 4.1
- As you watch the video, record the missing words from pages 93-94 of the textbook as they pop up on the left side of the video screen by filling in this form. (pages 93-94) .
- Discussion Questions:
- What is a credit bureau?
- What are the three main credit bureaus?
- How often should you check your credit report for errors?
- What issues was the Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA) intended to address?
- A strong password should include what elements?
- What is the Federal Trade Commission (FTC)?
- Obtain your partner from your instructor. Work with your partner to evaluate the financial information listed in the document below and create a plan to pay off the debt in the least amount of time possible using the debt snowball method discussed on page 89 in Section 2 of Chapter 4 Textbook.
- Make a copy of this Debt Snowball document, rename it Debt Snowball-(Your Initials), and move it into your Chapter 4 folder.
- Complete the document as directed in the directions.
- In your Personal Finance Journal-C4 file in your Chapter 4 folder, complete the next row in the table by answering the question listed.