- Identify ways companies compete for your money
- Be familiar with marketing strategies that encourage people to go into debt or finance large purchases
- Evaluate how peer pressure can affect spending decisions
- Summarize factors that influence consumer decisions
- Watch Video 1.3
- Record the missing words from page 133 of the textbook as they pop up on the left side of the video screen by filling in this form. (pages 133) .
- Discussion Questions:
- Why do businesses use repetition to get your attention?
- How does positioning affect our purchasing while in stores?
- How does brand recognition affect our buying?
- Make a copy of this Google Document, rename the document Cost of Cool-(Your Initials), and place the document in your Chapter 6 folder.
- Complete the document as directed.
- In your Personal Finance Journal-C6 file in your Chapter 6 folder, complete the next row in the table by answering the question listed.