- Identify ways companies compete for your money
- Be familiar with marketing strategies that encourage people to go into debt or finance large purchases
- Evaluate how peer pressure can affect spending decisions
- Summarize factors that influence consumer decisions
- Watch Video 1.4
- Record the missing words from page 134 of the textbook as they pop up on the left side of the video screen by filling in this form. (pages 134).
- Discussion questions:
- How do businesses use color to market to us?
- What is shelf positioning? How do businesses use it to market to us?
- How can packaging be used to market to us?
- Obtain a partner from your teacher.
- Select or create a product.
- Make a copy of this Google Document.
- Rename the document Marketing-(Your Initials).
- Move the document into your Chapter 6 folder.
- Complete the document as described.
- Create a billboard advertisement for your product using Google Drawing. Name the drawing Marketing Advertisement-(Your Initials).
- In your Personal Finance Journal-C6 file in your Chapter 6 folder, complete the next row in the table by answering the question listed.