- Identify ways companies compete for your money
- Be familiar with marketing strategies that encourage people to go into debt or finance large purchases
- Evaluate how peer pressure can affect spending decisions
- Summarize factors that influence consumer decisions
- List five steps you should take before making a major purchase
- Evaluate the role opportunity cost plays in purchasing decisions
- Describe the effect of inflation on buying power
- Select and listen to TWO of the Ask Dave radio calls below:
- As you listen, think about or take notes on how you could summarize the caller’s situation, including the financial information needed to make a decision, followed by the advice that Dave gave the caller.
- Make a copy of this Google Document, rename it Ask Dave 6-(Your Initials), and move it into your Chapter 6 folder. In this document, respond to the questions.
Chapter 6 Folder
- Log into your Google Drive account.
- Navigate to your Chapter 6 folder inside of your Unit 2 folder.
- Your Chapter 6 folder should contain the following files:
- Personal Finance Journal-C6
- Marketing Advertisement
- Cost of Cool
- Daily Decisions
- Peer Pressure
- Short Answer 6
- Case Studies 6
- Ask Dave 6