- Explain how investing builds wealth and helps meet financial goals.
- Examine the relationship between diversification and risk.
- Identify regulatory agencies and their functions.
- Inside of your Unit 3 folder, create a new folder titled Chapter 8. Everything you complete for Chapter 8 will be stored within this folder.
- Read each of these statements and mark whether you agree or disagree.
- Watch Video 1.1
- Record the missing words from pages 164-165 of the textbook as they pop up on the left side of the video screen by filling in this form. (pages 164-165) .
- Discussion Questions:
- What is the Fifth Foundation?
- Why is it important to complete Foundation One through Four prior to investing?
- Use this resource to obtain a better understanding of mutual funds.
- Assume you are given $20,000 by your grandparents. The only requirement they have given with this gift is that you invest it into some mutual funds. Research different funds and find four that you would be interested in investing in. To complete this task thoroughly, use the following steps:
- Using this link and the links within this website, read more about the mutual funds that are listed.
- After reading about some of the funds, identify four that you would like to invest some of your gifted money.
- Create a Google Document titled Gifted Investment-(Your Initials). In that document, write a good paragraph detailing information about each mutual fund you have chosen as well as your reasoning for why you would want to invest money into it.
- Make a copy of this Google Sheets spreadsheet and rename Invested Gift-(Your Initials). In this spreadsheet, fill in the green boxes on the left with the four mutual funds you have chosen, the current selling price, and how many shares you plan to purchase. Your goal is to invest 100% of the $20,000 or as close to it as possible with the numbers given.
- Make a copy of this Google Document.
- Rename the file to Personal Finance Journal-C8-(Your Initials).
- Move this file into your Chapter 8 folder in your Google Drive.
- Fill out the first two rows of the table by answering the question.