In this lesson, you’ll learn how to do the following:
- Open image files in AdobePhotoshop.
- Select and use tools in the Tools panel.
- Set options for a selected tool using the options bar.
- Use various methods to zoom in to and out from an image.
- Select, rearrange, and use panels.
- Choose commands in panel and context menus.
- Open and use a panel in the panel dock.
- Undo actions to correct mistakes or to make different choices.
- Go into your school-issued Google Drive account and create a new folder titled Computer Graphics.
- Inside of that folder, create another new folder titled Lesson 1.
- Now go to this folder and make a copy of this following file:
- Move them into your Lesson 1 folder.
- Remove the Copy of from each of the file names.
- Watch this video to learn how to log into your Appstream account to access the Adobe Premiere video editing software.
- Read through Lesson 1.
- Complete the yellow highlighted steps in Adobe Photoshop.
- When prompted to rename files when completing the steps, rename them as Lesson 1-(Part)-(Your Initials). For example, when saving 01A_Start.psd you’d name it Lesson 1-A-AB. These files will be saved in the same folder as the original.
- When prompted to use a keyboard combination, be sure to use the Fn option within your virtual machine as shown below:
- Make a copy of this Google Document, rename it to Lesson 1 Study Guide-(your initials), and move it into your Lesson 1 folder.
- Complete the study guide as directed.
- Navigate to your Lesson 1 folder inside of your Computer Graphics folder.
- Single-click your Lesson 1 folder and then click on the Share button. When prompted, enter your teacher’s email address and click Send.