When you have completed this lesson, you will be able to:
- Describe the Internet, the Web, and their associated terms
. Specifythe difference between a Web page and a Web site.
- Define Web browsers and identify their main features.
- Identify the 13 types of Web sites.
- Discuss how to plan, design, develop, test, publish, and maintain a Web site.
- Identify the methods and tools for creating a Web page and Web site.
- Make a copy of this document, rename it My Website-(your initials), and move it into your Lesson 1 folder.
- Creating a website involves planning, designing, developing, reviewing and testing, publishing and maintaining the site. Think of a web site you might be interested in developing based on a hobby or interest that you have.
Usethe information contained in the table in your document to develop a plan for creating a web site.
- Use a specialized search engine at one of the many accredited domain name registrars to verify that your website name is available.
- Answer each question in the planning table. If you need additional information on one of the components in the table, utilize your tutorial. Type your answers in column 3.