When you have completed this lesson, you will be able to:
- Describe the Internet, the Web, and their associated terms.
- Specify the difference between a Web page and a Web site.
- Define Web browsers and identify their main features.
- Identify the 13 types of Web sites.
- Discuss how to plan, design, develop, test, publish, and maintain a Web site.
- Identify the methods and tools for creating a Web page and Web site.
- Create a new Google Document titled Web Site Structure-(your initials) and move it into your Lesson 1 folder.
- Utilize the information on structures on pages 9-11 from this tutorial. In your document, describe each of the structure types in your own words in a paragraph.
- Select a web site and review the structure of it.
- In a new paragraph, describe the web site, what it’s purpose is, who it’s target market is, and the structure used. Include any suggestions you may have on how this structure could be improved.
- Under your last paragraph, utilize the Drawing option under the Insert menu to use shapes and SmartArt to create an image of the structure.