When you have completed this lesson, you will be able to:
- Describe the Internet, the Web, and their associated terms.
- Specify the difference between a Web page and a Web site.
- Define Web browsers and identify their main features.
- Identify the 13 types of Web sites.
- Discuss how to plan, design, develop, test, publish, and maintain a Web site.
- Identify the methods and tools for creating a Web page and Web site.
- A web designer should be familiar with different types of web pages and the sort of information displayed on these types of web pages. The tutorial you read describes 13 types of websites on pages 5-7. Search the internet and locate at least one example of each type of website.
- To complete this assignment, use the following directions:
- Create a copy of this Google Document, rename it Types of Web Sites-(your initials), and move it into your Lesson 1 folder.
- In your web browser, open Google’s search engine web page and search for an example of each of the following types of web sites: portal, news, informational, business/marketing, blog, wiki, social networks, educational, entertainment, advocacy, web application, content aggregator, and personal.
- In your document, after each type, copy and paste in column two the web address for each web site example. In the third column, explain why you selected the web page you did and explain how it fits the definition of the specific type.