When you have completed this lesson, you will be able to:
- Identify the importance of Categories within WordPress.
- Create new categories within WordPress.
- Inside of your Web Design folder, create a new folder titled Lesson 4.
- Read this tutorial, which explains the different category options within WordPress.
- Make a copy of this document, rename it WPSG4-(your initials), and move it into your Lesson 4 folder.
- As you read through the tutorial, answer the questions in the document.
- Use the internet to research how a person should go about categorizing their WordPress postings. Through your research, also identify common categories that web developers are using within their WordPress sites.
- Create a new Google Document titled Category Research-(your initials) and move it into your Lesson 4 folder.
- Write a one page, double spaced response in your document detailing your findings from your research.
- Create the following categories within your WordPress site:
- Montana State Parks
- National Parks
- Things to Do
- Montana Facts