When you have completed this lesson, you will be able to:
- Identify the importance of Posts within WordPress.
- Create new posts within WordPress.
- Read this tutorial, which explains the different post options within WordPress.
- Make a copy of this document, rename it WPSG5-(your initials), and move it into your Lesson 4 folder.
- As you read through the tutorial, answer the questions in the document.
- Why do web developers suggest that you create a blog on your site? Use the internet to research the purposes for writing a consistent blog. Identify how it will help improve, advance, and get more followers to your web site.
- To get a better understanding for what web developers write about in their articles and blog posts, you will choose a topic of interest to you. You will use that topic to go and identify three to five different blogs sites that write about your topic. You will be required to read at least three blog posts present on that site. As you read the post, identify what the focus is of the post and why the writer is writing it.
- Create a new Google Document titled What to Post-(your initials) and move it into your Lesson 4 folder.
- Using the information you gathered from your research, you will write a two to three page report detailing your findings. You will first explain the purposes and benefits to having a blog on your site. Secondly, you will share the details that you found for why the writer is chose the topics to write about and why you feel they chose to write about it. There should be at least one paragraph or more for each blog site you visited.
- To advance your Montana Parks website and provide more authentic, useful information to the users, create the following posts with the Classic Block format, categorize them according to what’s given, and schedule them to publish on the given dates.
- Fur Trade in Big Horn Canyon
- Fossils in Glacier National Park
- Mammals in Montana
- The Playmill Theatre
- Publish: March 9, 2021 @ 7:00 am
- Category: Things to Do
- 10 Things You Didn’t Know About Montana
- Publish: March 10, 2020 @ 7:00 am
- Category: Montana Facts