When you have completed this lesson, you will be able to:
- Identify the importance of Media within WordPress.
- Create new Media within WordPress.
- Read this tutorial, which explains the different media options within WordPress.
- Make a copy of this document, rename it WPSG8-(your initials), and move it into your Lesson 5 folder.
- As you read through the tutorial, answer the questions in the document.
- Images can add value and attractions to your web pages and site. However, you need to be weary of the images that you choose to use. Laws have been put in place to help protect the rights to images to ensure that the original creator of the images gets compensation for their use.
- In this assignment, you will be required to research what laws are in place to help protect the image rights of their creators. Whether you are the creator looking for protective rights or the person looking to use an image, identify what protection is available and what it takes to get that protection. To complete this task, do the following:
- Use the internet to research the protection available for creators of images. Find out what steps they need to take to get the images protected. Also identify what consequences a person might receive for using those images without permission.
- Create a new Google Document titled Image Rights Protection-(your initials) and move it into your Lesson 5 folder.
- In this document, write a one to two page report detailing your findings from your research.
- In this assignment, you will add media to your Media Library and then add that media to your Montana Parks pages and posts. To complete the task, do the following:
- Download the following media files to your Downloads folder.
- Upload those same files into your Media Library in WordPress.
- Import the following media files into the assigned posts or pages as shown below: