When you have completed this lesson, you will be able to:
- Identify the importance of Plugins within WordPress.
- Adjust the Plugins within WordPress.
- Read this tutorial, which explains the different plugin options within WordPress.
- Make a copy of this document, rename it WPSG11-(your initials), and move it into your Lesson 6 folder.
- As you read through the tutorial, answer the questions in the document.
- Selecting plugins to use on your website are a means to help save you time, expertise in all areas, and they’ll allow you to perform functions not capable on a standard WordPress setting. With that being said, there are thousands of different options for plugins to use on a WordPress site. Therefore, it is important to understand what functions you will want your site to be able to perform to help identify what plugins you will choose to use.
- To get an idea of the plugin options available, complete the following steps:
- Use the internet to research 15 to 20 different plugins that you might consider as a valuable addition to a website. Make sure you understand all the capable functions it has, the customer reviews provided, and the strength of the company that built it.
- Using your research write a one to two-page report detailing your findings. Name the document Effective Plugins-(your initials) and move it into your Lesson 6 folder.
- Click on Plugins and search for the following installed plugins:
- Google Forms by Mike Walsh
- TablePress by Tobias Bathge
- Simple Signup Form by Pantherius
- YouTube by EmbedPlus Team
- Photo Gallery by WD – Responsive Photo Gallery by Photo Gallery Team
- Activate the plugins.