After studying Chapter 9, you will be able to:
- Define accounting terms related to purchases and cash payments for a merchandising business.
- Identify accounting concepts and practices related to purchases and cash payments for a merchandising business.
- Journalize purchases of merchandise using a purchases journal.
- Journalize cash payments and cash discounts using a cash payments journal.
- Prepare a petty cash report and journalize the reimbursement of the petty cash fund.
- Total, prove, and rule a cash payments journal and start a new cash payments journal page.
- Journalize purchases returns and allowances and other transactions using a general journal.
Chapter 9 Folder
- Share your Chapter 9 folder with your teacher. Your folder should include the following:
- Lesson 9-1
- Lesson 9-2
- Lesson 9-3
- Lesson 9-4
- Mastery Problem 9-6
- Challenge Problem 9-7
Chapter 9 Exam
- Chapter 9 Exam (password required)
- Read Chapter 10