When you have completed Lesson 2, you will be able to:
- Explain why businesses need marketing.
- Understand how marketing developed as a part of business.
- Describe the functions of business.
- Make a copy of this Google Document, rename it Study Guide 1-2-(Your Initials), and move it into your Chapter 1 folder.
- Read Lesson 1-2 on pages 11-17.
- As you read, utilize this presentation to help you answer the questions in your study guide.
- Create a new Google Drawing titled Central Marketing-(Your Initials) and move it into your Chapter 1 folder.
- Obtain an assigned state from your teacher.
- Use the internet to gather historical information about your state. Use the internet to locate a state map to use in your drawing. In your drawing, use drawing objects and text to mark the locations of five towns and/or cities that were central markets in the early years of your state’s development. Identify why each town or city provided a good location for a central market. Utilize drawing objects and text to showcase this information within your drawing. Make sure your drawing is pleasing to the eye and organized in a way that the viewer will be able to understand it.