When you are finished with Lesson 1-1, you will be able to:
- Explain the difference between needs and wants.
- Distinguish between goods and services.
- Describe the types of economic resources.
- Log into your Google Drive account.
- Navigate to My Drive.
- Create a new folder titled Intro to Business.
- Inside of this new folder, create a new folder titled Unit 1.
- Inside of the Unit 1 folder, create a new folder titled Chapter 1. Everything you create in Chapter 1 will be stored in this folder.
- Make a copy of this Lesson 1-1 Study Guide.
- Read Lesson 1-1 on pages 6-11.
- As you read, complete the study guide.
- After completing Assignment 1.1.2, complete this Lesson 1-1 Self-Assessment. You are free to take it multiple times. Your best grade will be recorded.
- Read the FYI on the top of page 9.
- Research a current issue related to the reduced supply of natural resources such as rain forest destruction, ozone layer depletion, pollution, or increased worldwide oil consumption.
- Create a new Google Document in your Lesson 1 folder titled Reduced Natural Resources-(your initials). In this document, write a one to two paragraph response recording your findings that includes causes, long-term economic consequences, and possible solutions.
- Create a new Google Document titled Economic Resources-(Your Initials) and move it into your Chapter 1 folder.
- In your document, list the three types of economic resources. Choose three different products and describe how each type of economic resource is needed and used in its production.