When you have completed this lesson, you will be able to:
- Describe the Internet, the Web, and their associated terms.
- Specify the difference between a Web page and a Web site.
- Define Web browsers and identify their main features.
- Identify the 13 types of Web sites.
- Discuss how to plan, design, develop, test, publish, and maintain a Web site.
- Identify the methods and tools for creating a Web page and Web site.
- Selecting the correct host or ISP for your web site can be a confusing process. Many web sites offer this service, but determining the best one for your particular needs can be somewhat complicated. Assume your web site will sell a product. Compare several ISPs and select the one that will best meet your needs.
- To complete this assignment, follow these instructions:
- Start your web browser and open this website.
- Click one of the host server links and review the information relating to the services offered by your selected ISP.
- Make a copy of this document, rename it ISP Host-(your initials), and move it into your Lesson 1 folder.
- Use the information provided from the ISP’s website in their list of services offered to answer the questions within the document.
- Under the questions section, write a short summary (1-2 paragraphs) explaining why you would or would not select this ISP to host your web site.